Meet the Board!
The Urbana Park District Board of Commissioners oversees the operation of the Urbana Park District. The five-member board is elected by the public and each member serves a six-year term.
Starting May 8, 2012, meetings of the Urbana Park District Board of Commissioners will take place at the Planning and Operations Office, 1011 E. Kerr Street, Urbana. The office is east of the intersection of University Avenue and Kerr Street.
Download the next board meeting agenda here.
UPD monthly board meetings are taped and broadcast on UPTV. See the program schedule here.
Michael Walker / President
A native of Urbana, Michael Walker is a graduate of Urbana High School and the University of Illinois. After serving 4 years on the Urbana Park District Advisory Committee (UPDAC), he was first elected to the board of commissioners in 1983 and is now in his 4th term on the board. He is very proud of the park district's combination of formal recreational programs, natural areas and informal recreation opportunities that serves the life-long needs of all of Urbana's residents.
He is a frequent visitor to both Crystal Lake and Meadowbrook parks. A computer software specialist, Michael retired from the University of Illinois in 1998 to begin his own consulting business. He shares a vintage Urbana house with his wife, their two daughters, and two black labs.
mwwalker at urbanaparks.org
Nancy Delcomyn / Vice President
Nancy has served on the Board of Commissioners since 1993. Prior to her election, she served on UPDAC, the Urbana Park District Advisory Committee. She became interested in serving on the board because of the excellent balance of parks, natural areas and recreation the District has achieved. She says that she wants taxpayers to "get the biggest bang for their buck", and works diligently with staff to budget for fantastic programs, parks and facilities. She is closely following the development of a Rails to Trails plan in Champaign County, and she keeps tabs on issues related to special recreation and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Nancy is an avid gardener and needleworker.
nadelcomyn at urbanaparks.org
Deborah Rugg / Commissioner
Deborah Rugg has been a member of the Champaign Urbana community since 1971 and Urbana since 1985. Her professional training is in educational psychology (program evaluation) and has worked at the medical school and then at Carle Foundation with medical education programs. She has been active with the Girl Scouts on and off since Brownie years, as well as the local and state boards of the League of Women Voters.
She became an active volunteer with the Urbana Park District as a member of the UPDAC (UPD's Citizen Advisory Group) where she worked on a community survey and plans for a new, improved Crystal Lake Park Pool. She likes the range of parks in UPD from the preserves at Busey Woods and Meadowbrook to the neighborhood parks dotting the park district. She was appointed commissioner in June 2002 and elected in April 2003.
dcrugg at urbanaparks.org
Bob Stewart / Commissioner
Bob Stewart was elected to his first term as commissioner in April 2007. Prior to his election he served on UPDAC for three years, the final year as UPDAC president.
Bob has been involved with parks and recreation for many years, having
earned a Bachelor's Degree in Regional/Urban Planning from Iowa State
University. Bob was an Edge-Scott Fire Protection District volunteer in
the 1980s, and has volunteered as a girl scout co-leader.
bpstewart at urbanaparks.org
Meredith Blumthal / Commissioner
Meredith Blumthal became a member of the Champaign-Urbana community as a University of Illinois student in 1997. In 2000, she moved to Urbana and has been a resident since. In May 2010, Meredith was appointed to her first term as Urbana Park District commissioner.
Meredith's professional background is in horticulture and agricultural economics and she currently is the experiential learning coordinator, working with short-term study abroad programs in the Department of Agricultural & Consumer Economics at the University of Illinois. Meredith recognizes the public good which parks serve and the benefits to all age groups and is looking forward to serving the community.
Meredith is also active in the C-U One-to-One Mentoring Program. Meredith and her husband reside in West Urbana.
mrblumthal at urbanaparks.org
- 2010-10-05 Study Session Agenda.pdf
- 2013-07-09 Regular Board Meeting Agenda, Materials.pdf
- 2014-01-28 UPDAC Meeting Agenda.pdf
- 2014-01-21 Regular Board Meeting Agenda, Materials.pdf
- 2014-02-04 Board Study Session - Cancellation.pdf
- 2014-02-11 Regular Board Meeting Agenda, Materials.pdf
- 2014-01-21 Regular Board Meeting Minutes with Attachments.pdf
- 2014-03-11 Regular Board Meeting Agenda, Materials.pdf
- 2014-03-18 Board Study Session Agenda.pdf
- 2014-02-11 Regular Board Meeting Minutes with Attachments.pdf
- 2014-04-01 Board Study Session Agenda.pdf
- 2014-04-08 Regular Board Meeting Agenda, Materials.pdf
- 2014-04-08 Regular Board Meeting Minutes with Attachments.pdf
- 2014-04-22 Special Board Meeting Agenda CANCELLED.pdf
- About Your 2014 Property Tax Bill
- 2014-05-12 Joint Meeting with Urbana Parks Foundation Agenda.pdf
- 2014-05-13 Annual and Regular Board Meeting Agenda, Materials.pdf
- 2014-04-15 Board Special Meeting Minutes with Attachments.pdf
- 2014-05-06 Board Study Session Agenda, Materials.pdf
- 2014-05-06 Board Study Session and Special Meeting with Attachments.pdf
- 2014-04-01 Board Study Session Minutes with Attachments.pdf
- 2014-06-03 Board Study Session Agenda, Materials.pdf
- 2014-06-09 Special Board Meeting Agenda-SEIU Contract.pdf
- 2014-06-10 Regular Board Meeting Agenda, Materials
- 2014-05-12 UPD-UPF Joint Board Meeting Minutes.pdf
- 2014-05-13 Annual and Regular Board Meeting Minutes with Attachments.pdf
- 2014-06-03 Board Study Session Minutes with Attachments.pdf
- 2014 Board and UPDAC Meeting Dates-Revised.pdf
- 2014-07-08 Regular Board Meeting Agenda, Materials.pdf
- 2014-06-09 Special Board Meeting Minutes with Attachments.pdf
- 2014-06-10 Regular Board Meeting Minutes with Attachments.pdf
- 2014-08 Combined Budget and Appropriation Ordinance for 2014-15.pdf
- 2014-08-19 Regular Board Meeting Agenda-Materials
- 2014-07-08 Signed Regular Board Meeting Minutes with Attachments
- 2014-09-02 Board Study Session Agenda, Materials
- 2014-09-09 Regular Board Meeting Agenda with Materials
- 2014-08-19 Regular Board Meeting Minutes with Attachments
- 2014-10-07 Board Study Session Agenda with Materials
- ADDENDUM [CORRECTED] to 2014-10-07 UPD Board Study Session Materials
- 2014 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- October 14, 2014 Board Meeting Agenda and Materials
- 2014 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for October 14, 2014 Board Meeting
- ADDENDUM to 2014-10-14 UPD Regular Board Meeting Materials - 2014 Tax Levy - Resolution 2014-15