The Urbana Park District Citizen Advisory Committee, or UPDAC, is made up of appointed representatives from throughout Urbana. Each member is chosen to represent his or her neighborhoods for a three year term. He or she brings concerns from various Urbana neightborhoods to the attention of Urbana Park District staff and the Board of Commissioners. This committee is one way the Urbana Park District helps meet community needs.
The larger group is also divided into several smaller working committees that deal with issues ranging from land use to building projects to programs. UPDAC's voice is considered with much weight when issues are up for discussion. Input from past UPDAC committees has been instrumental in shaping decisions the park district has made regarding park development and programs offered.
Meetings of the Urbana Park District Advisory Committee are on the fourth Tuesday of each month, beginning at 7:00 p.m. at 1011 E. Kerr Street, Urbana. The public is invited to attend. Download a meeting agenda here.
For more information about UPDAC, contact Ellen Kirsanoff at (217) 367-1536 or reach her by email: email@example.com.
Urbana Park District Advisory Committee 2013-14
- Philip Anders
- James Barkley
- William Benton
- Gary Bernstein
- Lashaunda Cunningham
- Caroline W. Donaldson
- Gennifer Gilbert
- Kim Gollings
- Robert (Bob) Mandra
- Becky Mead
- Craig Miller
- Elizabeth R. Pollock
- Jim Spencer
- Christy Uden
- Application for Urbana Park District Advisory Committee (UPDAC)
- 2013-04-23 UPDAC Meeting Agenda.pdf
- 2013-08-27 UPDAC Meeting Agenda.pdf
- 2013-09-24 UPDAC Meeting Agenda.pdf
- 2013-10-22 UPDAC Meeting Agenda.pdf
- 2014-01-28 UPDAC Meeting Agenda.pdf
- 2014-02-25 UPDAC Meeting Agenda.pdf
- 2014-03-25 UPDAC Meeting Agenda.pdf
- 2014-04-22 UPDAC Meeting Agenda.pdf
- 2014-05-27 UPDAC Meeting Agenda.pdf
- 2014-06-24 UPDAC Meeting Agenda.pdf
- 2014 Board and UPDAC Meeting Dates-Revised.pdf
- 2014-08-26 UPDAC Meeting Agenda