- Explore repurposed creations made by local artists and make your own.
- Play games, meet community recycling representatives, and take home free goodies.
- Staff from the I.D.E.A. Store will lead a recycled electronics craft.
- The following items will be accepted for recycling at the event:
ink jet cartridges, cell phones and household batteries.
Make your own creation from reused or repurposed materials at home before the event, and enter to win an award in the third annual Creative Reuse Competition:
- Purpose: Creations should be useful and serve a purpose.
- Materials: All creations should be composed of at least 90% recycled content. Participants must state where/how the materials were obtained.
- Size: The creation should be no heavier than 10 pounds and no bigger than 3’L x 3’W x 3’H.
- Submission: Creations may be dropped-off at the Anita Purves Nature Center from 3-5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 18 or from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016. All participants must turn-in a completed entry form with their creation (available at drop-off). Judging will take place from 2-2:30 p.m. on Sat, Nov. 19. Winners will be anounced at 2:30 p.m.
Small electronics need repair?
The Gadget Garage will be on hand during the event. Work together with their volunteers to troubleshoot, diagnose, or repair your electronics at this collaborative pop-up. Fill out the diagnostic form in advance to secure your troubleshooting session during America Recycles Day: https://goo.gl/forms/vyU61VkuqwEam7AH2. Repairing technology is sustainable and lessens the overall community carbon footprint by keeping tech out of landfills.