The Urbana Parks Foundation is the private fund-raising arm for the Urbana Park District. Established in 2007, the mission of the Foundation is to support the parks, facilities and programs of the Urbana Park District and other agencies sharing the same or similar mission.
It is a not-for-profit philanthropic organization and is recognized as a charitable organization under Section 501-3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
The foundation has adopted several interest areas that support high needs for the park district—
- Reforestation of Crystal Lake Park
- Endowment for youth summer camps
- Natural areas restoration
- Art in Meadowbrook Park
- Meadowbrook Park endowment fund
The Urbana Parks Foundation works with donors to help them develop giving plans that enhance their interests in sustaining Urbana’s parks and programs for today and years to come. Learn more about the Urbana Parks Foundation at their website: urbanaparksfoundation.org/
- Fred Delcomyn – President
- Steve Rugg – Vice President
- Tom Brown – Treasurer
- Helen Grandone – Secretary
- Tom Berns – Trustee
- Dixie Whitt – Trustee
- Carolyn Trimble – Trustee
- Jake Wolf – Trustee
- Megan Puzey – Trustee
- Jed Bunyan – Trustee
- Libby Tyler – Trustee
- Sarah Barnett Nemeth – Trustee
- Tim Bartlett – Urbana Park District Executive Director, Ex Oficio Trustee
Did You Know?
Not all the sculptures in the Wandell Sculpture Garden in Meadowbrook Park are owned by the park district. Many pieces are on loan from the artist and they are paid a stipend for their work. The Urbana Parks Foundation supports the Wandell Sculpture Garden stipend program through its sculpture fund.