1105 E. McHenry St., Urbana, IL | Red Bus Route
Larson Park was established in 1975 with land purchased from the Illinois Conference of the United Church of Christ. The park was previously known as Wheatfield Park and was renamed in 2014 in recognition of Bruce Larson, who with 42 years of service, is the longest serving board member in the district’s history. Much of that time Larson served as president of the UPD Board of Commissioners. A recent neighborhood planning process resulted in an updated park master plan and park improvements that include a new playground and accessible path. See an aerial site plan.