Located at the north end of Crystal Lake Park, the Urbana Park District’s Crystal Lake Park Family Aquatic Center shares a parking lot with the Anita Purves Nature Center. On busy days, you can use the roped off overflow parking area off Broadway Avenue or park in Crystal Lake Park. The aquatic center boasts some exciting features unique to our area.
1401 N. Broadway Urbana, IL 61801
OPEN MAY 27-SEP 4 2017
- Lap Swim Monday – Friday 6 – 8am | 11am – 12pm
- Toddler Swim Monday – Friday 8 – 11am (age 5 and under w/paying adult
max 3 kids per adult)
- Open Swim Monday – Friday 12:30 – 8pm (members can enter at noon)
- Open Swim Saturday/Sunday 11am – 8pm
School’s in Session Hours (when school returns to session August 18 through Sep 4)
- Lap Swim Monday – Friday 6 – 8am | 11am – 1pm
- Open Swim Monday – Friday 4 – 7pm
- Open Swim Saturday/Sunday 11am – 7pm
Nadiator Swim Meets - June 17, June 24, and July 15
- We will open the entire facility immediately after meets conclude. These swim meets begin at 8am and usually end at roughly 12pm. If the opening is delayed beyond 1pm, an update will be posted on the Urbana Park District Rainout Line.
At the pay window, verify residency with a current driver’s license, state ID or utility bill to receive resident rates. Residents are those who live within the boundaries of the Urbana or Champaign Park Districts.
• Children under age 11 must be accompanied by a paying adult each time they visit.
- $6 resident/$9 nonresident
- After 5pm and all day Tuesday $4 resident/$6 nonresident
- Toddler Time admission – available for parents and children up through age 5. Anyone 3 and under is free Age 4 and up $4 per person. If you want to come back during the afternoon/evening, please pay the full entry fee and get a wristband for re-entry.
- 5-visit punch cards $25R/$40NR
- 10-visit punch cards $50R/$80NR
Purchase a membership at the Urbana Indoor Aquatic Center, the Phillips Recreation Center, or the Crystal Lake Park Family Aquatic Center.
The climbing wall is one of only a handful of this style in the U.S. It extends over the diving well and challenges folks to make it to the top. And whether you do or not, you just drop back down into the water at the end of your climb. You must be able to swim in deep water to use this feature.
Many aquatic facilities have eliminated diving boards from their plans. Ours has one and you can enjoy a jump any time during public swim.
Bring your own food
We welcome you to bring a snack or a meal when you visit Crystal Lake Park Family Aquatic Center. Keep in mind:
1. Bring a soft-sided cooler and leave glass containers at home.
2. Drinks must be in sealed bottles.
3. We have a water station so you can fill empty bottles when you arrive.
4. All coolers are inspected at the entrance.
5. You can also order some of your favorite food and have it delivered to the aquatic center. Use your pool receipt for re-entry into the facility.
Sand can be made into anything you want it to be. Children can use the sand toys and their imagination to create castles and more. This area is shady in the late afternoon.
This swirling area of water provides resistance for water walking or a splash of fun. NO lifejackets in this area.
Flowing water over boulders makes for a water play experience that is ideal for toddlers and preschoolers.
Adults can dip their toes in the water from the comfort of a chair in the zero-depth entry area of the recreation pool. Please leave the wet deck chairs in the pool. First-come first serve.
Eight Lap Lanes
Lap swimming for exercise remains popular and the competition pool is used not only for the district’s Nadiators summer swim team, there are lap swim times in the early morning and over the lunch hour. Three lanes remain open during public swim.
Swim lessons take place at the Urbana Indoor Aquatic Center. Search for swim lessons here.
You must be at least 48" tall to ride any waterslide.
Please leave all the following items at ground level as they are not allowed on the slides: goggles, glasses/sunglasses, keys, phones, lifejackets, necklaces or dangling jewelry, watches, locker keys. (Other items may also be on this list. Attendants can ask you to remove them or cover them at their discretion.)
An attendant will tell you when it is safe to begin your ride.
Green- This slide has an open top and exits in 3 1/2 feet of water. This is our slowest slide.
Blue - This is an enclosed tube slide that exits in 3 1/2 feet of water. This is our mid-speed slide.
Teal - This drop slide exits into 12 feet of water. It is fast! You must be able to swim in 12 feet of water to ride this slide.
Our staff is trained and certified by Starfish Aquatics and works hard to ensure your safety and that you have a lot of fun. A manager is always on duty to answer questions. We welcome your feedback. Ask at the entrance for a comment card to offer suggestions.
For your convenience, we offer Coast Guard-approved lifejackets for use in the facility. (Only Coast Guard-approved flotation devices are allowed in the water. Staff reserve the right to check your device for compliance. Speak with a manager for ADA accommodation.)