Youth Sports Program VALUES
Sportsmanship, fun, player development and opportunity to play--these are the values we support for our youth sports programs. In this spirit we believe:
- Kids should have fun. If it is not fun, kids will not want to do it.
- Kids should have a safe environment to play in.
- Kids should learn the importance of sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Kids should develop their skills.
- All kids have the right to play.
- There are goals more important than winning.
We encourage all our volunteer coaches to run their practices and games with these standards in mind.
YOUTH SPORTS IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Practices begin week of August 22
Register by August 15
This program is coached by volunteers. If you are interested in volunteer coaching opportunities, please call 255-8601.
Wood Bat Baseball
Sundays, September 11 - October 16
All games are double-headers. Volunteer coaches will manage teams playing at Prairie Baseball Field or fields in the surrounding area. Bats and Jerseys are provided.
Adult Sports Program VALUES
Like in our youth programs, we expect adult participants to have fun while maintaining a standard of behavior.
- Demonstrate respect to other participants and staff.
- Use appropriate language.
- Respect the physical/mental well-being of themselves, other participants and staff/officials.
- Use equipment and supplies and facilities as they were intended.
- Refrain from participation in unlawful activities.
ADULT SPORTS IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Kickball - Adult Co-Rec
Thursdays, beginning Sept. 1
Ages 15 and up
Register by Aug 24
Mandatory Manager's Meeting: Thursday, Aug. 25, 6pm, Brookens Gym.