How Can I Receive Financial Assistance?
Scholarships are available based on financial need and fund availability. Please keep the following in mind when applying for a scholarship:
1) Scholarships are available for Urbana residents. If you are a nonresident, the maximum available will be a waiver of the nonresident rate, allowing you to pay the resident rate.
2) Scholarships are not guaranteed, and there will be no full-amounts awarded. Funds are limited and we want to assist as many families as possible.
3) Applications are limited to two per season/brochure. You may request as many programs as you would like per application.
4) Please allow 5 business days for your application to be processed. Applications must be received at least two weeks prior to a program’s deadline. Applications submitted after that deadline are not guaranteed approval.
5) You are not registered until we receive your payment. You will be contacted by phone or email once your application has been processed. It is then your responsibility to pay your portion to reserve your space. There will not be a spot reserved prior to payment received. All regular registration guidelines and deadlines must be followed.
6) The following is required for your application. Please see the application for all specific requirements.
- Proof of residency
- Fully completed application form
- Proof of household income as they apply (All adult incomes are required)
7) The Urbana Park District reserves the right to deny any incomplete applications.
Call 217-367-1544 for additional assistance. You can download a scholarship application here in English, Spanish, or Chinese.
The Urbana Park District accepts assistance from Child Care Resource Services (CCRS). CCRS provides working and full-time student parents assistance with child care. This can assist with park district programs such as CU Around Town, Holiday Camp, Spring Break Day Camp, and summer day camp. It is your responsibility to contact CCRS and get the proper paperwork turned in to them.
CU Around Town, Holiday Camp, Spring Break Day Camp
CCRS approval letters are required at time of registration. Any copayment will be due before the class begins.
Deposits: We require a $10 deposit per child per session of day camp. Your child will not be enrolled in any session until we receive the deposit. The deposits will be refunded to you at the end of the summer as long as the attendance requirements have been met (see below).
Attendance Policy: Your child must attend 80% of every week they are enrolled in. That is 4 out of 5 days per week. If this attendance policy is not met, CCRS will not pay for the camp, and the responsibility for full payment will be yours. Your $10 deposits for the entire summer will be forfeited in order to assist in that payment.
You have until 4pm the Friday before a session begins to notify us of a cancellation. That allows us to withdraw your child from that camp before it starts. Once a camp session starts, the 80% attendance is required.
CCRS Approval Letter or Payment in Full: We require either your CCRS approval letter or payment by the Thursday before each week of camp. Your child will not be allowed to attend without one or the other. If we do not receive payment by noon the Friday before, your child will be dropped from the following week of camp. We will require full payment for every week until we receive your approval letter for the Urbana Park District. Once we receive your approval, you will be refunded all overpayments made, minus your copay.
Because we will be requiring payment in full, it is best if you put in your change of provider, add a provider, or redetermination as early as possible.
Call 217-367-1544 for additional assistance.