REGISTER ONLINE HERE FOR SUMMER CAMPS
SUPER EARLY BIRD SAVINGS CONTINUE THROUGH MAY 3, 2019
- Early registration is advised due to the popularity of camps and the limited number of spaces available.
- Super Early Bird price is good through May 3, 2019, after which time prices go up.
- Camp registration is required one week before the start of each session. Camper Information Forms, CUSR Inclusion Request Forms and Medication Administration Packets are due at the time of registration--see CAMP FORMS below. Late registration is at the discretion of the camp coordinator.
GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION
Click here for the 2019 Summer Camp Parent Manual. This manual contains detailed and specific information for each of the Urbana Park District's summer camp options.
- All campers must be toilet trained unless limited by a disability (except Preschool Arts Camp).
- Lunches are not refrigerated, and microwaves are not available.
- Camps may be canceled at any time if weather conditions become severe or threaten the safety of the campers and staff. No refunds are issued when camps are canceled due to weather.
- There is no camp on Thursday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT INFORMATION
- If you have any registration questions, call the Phillips Recreation Center at 217-367-1544.
- Participants must be the correct age for camp enrollment by September 1, 2019 (except Preschool Nature Camp).
- Full payment is preferred at registration. An extended payment option is available for anyone who registers in person. To register by phone or online, payment in full by credit card is needed. Your child can be enrolled in a camp when all the following conditions are met:
- Your Camper Information Form has been completed and submitted to email@example.com or in person at the Phillips Recreation Center.
- Space remains in the camp session(s) requested. As camps fill, waiting lists are created on a first come, first serve basis. Please ask a staff member for details.
- Registration and full payment is made by cash, check or credit card, or extended payment form is turned in to the Phillips Recreation Center.
A 2019 Camper Information Form is required for each child. Forms must be submitted within two weeks of registration or your child may be dropped from camp or transferred to the wait list. Submit forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Phillips Recreation Center.
If your child must take medication during the camp day, please complete the Medication Administration Packet and return it along with your child's Camper Information Form. Packets may be submitted to email@example.com or in person at the Phillips Recreation Center. We strongly discourage administering medication at camp unless medically necessary. If possible, ask your physician to write the prescription so that the medication can be given outside of camp hours.
If your child has a special need or disability, you may request an Inclusion Aide from Champaign-Urbana Special Recreation (CUSR). Email a completed Camp Inclusion Request Form to firstname.lastname@example.org, and a camp coordinator will contact CUSR on your behalf. The CUSR Inclusion Coordinator will then contact you to discuss your child's specific needs. Inclusion requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the program start date.
Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Program Application
Experience camp from the leader's point of view and bring your own energy and talents to the Urbana Park District's summer camps. Participate in and lead daily camp activities while assisting counselors and campers in Nature Day Camp. You will volunteer 15-20 hours per week, attend weekly meetings and participate in ongoing training throughout the summer. As a CIT, you make camp even more fun for the kids. Interested? Complete a CIT application online or in-person at any park district office. When completed, online applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Candidates are selected through an application and interview process. Applications are due by Monday, April 8, 2019. Recommended for ages 13-16, Space is limited.
WHO DO I CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT SPECIFIC camps?
Sports Camp and Sports Extended Camp
Greg Cales, Athletics Coordinator
217-255-8601, ext. 305
Nature Day/Extended Camps, Preschool Nature Camp, Wild Child Survival Camp, Animal Adventure Camp
Savannah Donovan, Environmental Public Program Coordinator
217-384-4062, ext. 359
Meet the nature day camp staff
Junior Counselor (JC) & Counselor-in-Training (CIT) Programs, Camp FRESH!
Chelsea Prahl, Environmental Education Coordinator
217-384-4062, ext. 360
Meet the nature day camp staff
Summer Arts/Extended Camp, Preschool Arts/Extended Camp, Construction Camp, School’s Out for Summer Camp, Science Camp
Niki Hoesman, Community Program Coordinator
217-367-1544, ext. 276
Scholarships, CCRS, & Payment Plans
Clay Taylor-Sanford, Office Services Specialist II
217-367-1544, ext. 271