Regular Rental Rates
Monday-Thursday: Inside Room (seats 50) - $55/hour | Inside Room with Patio (seats 80) - $70/hour
Friday-Sunday: Inside Room (seats 50) - $65/hour | Inside Room with Patio (seats 80) - $80/hour
Add use of the lakeside deck to your facility rental: $50/2 hours
Meeting Rental-Seminar Rates
For only $40-$50/hour, you’ll have access to all the Lake House features.
Call Janet at 217-367-1544 ext. 277 to see if your meeting qualifies for our seminar rate.
Every rental includes use of a prep kitchen with counter space, small microwave, sink, ice machine, use of refrigerator and freezer.
- Coffee: $7/gallon
- Tea / Lemonade: $4/gallon
- Fireplace (November-March): $25
- TV/DVD: $10
- Ceiling-Mounted LED projector with sound: $20
Rental requests should be made at least two weeks in advance.
Call Janet at 217-367-1544 ext. 277 to discuss set-up options and accommodations for larger parties. All rentals require a $100 deposit. Often groups will work with a rental company for additional tables and chairs for an outdoor ceremony. We’d be glad to help you plan your next celebration.
To check date availability online:
- Click "online registration" on this website.
- Click the rentals tab.
- Click the grey View Facilities button
- Scroll down for Lake House or type Lake House into the search bar.
- What shows up are months that currently have bookings.
- Click on the month and a calendar opens up.
- That calendar will show the dates and times of existing bookings.
- Call 217-367-1544 to follow up and verify its availability.
Request packets are available at the Lake House, Phillips Center and by e-mail. Or download a rental packet here. You must complete a request and return it to the Phillips Recreation Center with a $100 damage deposit. Requests are only accepted when the request form and deposit have both been received. Preferably, two weeks advance notice should be given to reserve the Lake House. Many weekend dates are booked several months in advance, so plan accordingly. Staff will try to accommodate requests with less notice if the space and staffing are available.
After you submit your form and deposit, the Community Program Manager must then approve your request. After you are called with approval, you will receive a receipt, your permit and paperwork copies. No requests are approved without a call from the Manager.
The $100 damage deposit must be received to make your request. After the rental is approved, the deposit will be cashed (if paid with a check) or will be charged (if paid with a credit card). A full refund for the deposit will be issued approximately two weeks after your rental minus any costs for staying late, damages, additional staff time required to clean up, or other miscellaneous charges.
Full payment for the rental must be made no later than two weeks after notification that your rental has been approved. If payment is not received before the end of the two-week period, the reservation may be cancelled and $50 will be deducted from the damage deposit. We would be glad to discuss a payment plan if you believe you’ll require an extension.
PLEASE NOTE: Any party that stays over the scheduled time will be charged an additional amount at 1.5 times the hourly rate.
- May 6 - May 29 Saturdays and Sundays: 12-7pm (open Memorial Day)
- June 1 - Aug 6 Thursday-Sunday: 12-7pm (open Independence Day)
- Aug 12 - Sept 4 Saturdays and Sundays only: 12-7pm (open Labor Day- our last day of the season)
2023 Boating Rental Fees
- Kayaks: $10/half-hour or $12/hour
- Canoes: $10/half-hour or $12/hour
- 2-person Paddle Boats: $11/half-hour or $14/hour
- 3-person Paddle Boats: $12/half-hour or $15/hour
- 4-person Paddle Boats: $13/half-hour or $16/hour
We accept all major credit cards, cash or check (with valid ID) as payment. Fees include Coast Guard-approved life jackets with sizes ranging from infant to adult. An adult must accompany anyone under 16. A valid driver's license or major credit card is required as a deposit on all rentals.
Group Boat Rentals
Save up to 25% on regular boat rental prices when you book your group boat rental at least two weeks in advance! Call the Phillips Recreation Center at 217-367-1544 to arrange your group boat rental today!