After a two-year hiatus, people can rent boats, kayaks and paddle boats at Crystal Lake Park this summer.
People can rent boats:
- June 3 - August 8: Thursday through Sunday from 12 - 7 p.m.
- August 14 - September 5: Saturdays and Sundays only from 12 - 7 p.m. (open Labor Day, the last day of the season)
Boat rentals are open on Independence Day.
- $8 to rent a kayak for a half hour ($10 for an hour) - NEW this year!
- $8 to rent a row boat for a half hour ($10 for an hour)
- $9 for a two-person paddle boat for a half hour ($12 for an hour)
- $10 for a three-person paddle boat for a half hour ($13 for an hour)
- $11 for a four-person paddle boat for a half hour ($14 for an hour)
The park district accepts credit cards, cash or checks (with valid ID) as payment.
The rental includes Coast Guard-approved life jackets in sizes from infant to adult. Adults must accompany people under age 16.
A valid driver's license or major credit card is required as a deposit for all rentals.
For more information about boat rentals, call (217) 328-1069.