In light of the State of Illinois' new guidelines regarding Covid-19, Urbana Park District is suspending its current Covid-19 protocols and is adopting the following guidelines for our park programs and patrons.
- Wearing a mask is recommended, but not required if children under 5 are not present (except where required by federal, state, or local guidelines).
- Social distancing is recommended but not required.
- Masks should be worn by all participants and staff when running programs with children under age 5 that are unable to be vaccinated. Exceptions can be made when outdoors and 6-foot social distancing is possible.
- Masks should be worn by anyone interacting with children under 5, even in communal spaces. Patrons should wear masks until they reach their program area.
- Patrons and staff may choose to wear a mask while at work or participating in outdoor or indoor programming.
"We thank everyone for their patience and understanding during these two, challenging years," said Tim Bartlett, Executive Director. "We want to make sure everyone feels welcome and comfortable when participating in our events and programs," he added.
Bartlett concluded, "We look forward to seeing the entire community this spring and summer at the park and in our facilities."